Guidelines for Abstract Submission
- Important dates & Deadlines
- Submission start: 1st October 2021
- Submission deadline: 31st January 2022, midnight CET
- Notifications to submitters: 24th March 2022
- Technical Information
Recommended browsers: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari.
Abstracts can only be submitted online via the abstract submission form (find it on this tab, below the guidelines) here on the official ESACT 2022 meeting website.
On the ESACT 2022 meeting website
Abstracts must be submitted via the online submission form and should follow the instructions provided here, particularly for the appropriate content.
Abstract extension: 400 words maximum for the abstract and 20 words for the title.
The abstracts should include both the significance of the research as well as the results that will be discussed. This will facilitate the scientific assessment of the work by the reviewers assigned by the Scientific Committee. Abstracts containing limited details will not be accepted.
Successfully submitted abstracts will be acknowledged with an electronic receipt after the submission. This email will be automatically send to the contact person and will include a reference number and a password. Please contact the scientific secretariat should you have not received this email after the submission process to double check that your submission has been successfully received.
Note that the abstract evaluation will be blind. Please, do not include authors’ details in the abstract text nor the title. Information about the authors and affiliations will not be communicated to the reviewers.
- The abstract needs to be structured as follows:
-Background and novelty (mandatory)
-Experimental approach (mandatory)
-Results and discussion (mandatory)
-Acknowledgements & Funding (optional)
Important note: Headers must be included in the abstract text.
Abstracts that are not structured with the mandatory headings will not be considered.
- Access the submission form and click on “FIRST SUBMISSION” to submit your first abstract. If the same contact person needs to submit more abstracts please use the “LOG IN” option to send new ones, this way you do not need to include the contact details again and you will have the same password for all your submissions.
- Please notice that abstracts cannot be saved as a draft. You must finish your submission to save it, but you will be able to access the submission form again to modified your abstracts until the submission deadline (31st January 2022, midnight CET). Abstracts cannot be modified after the submission deadline.
- To modify a previous submission before the submission deadline you must access the submission form with the “LOG IN” option. Please, use the contact person email provided during the submission and the password received by email in the acknowledgement of receipt.
- The submitter has to select the right topic for the abstract on the submission form. Available topics are described in detail here and listed below:
- Scientific Topic 1: Molecular Cell Surgery
- Scientific Topic 2: Beyond Evolution
- Scientific Topic 3: Challenges and Marvels of Bioprocess Intensification
- Scientific Topic 4: Adaptive manufacturing: engineering quality into your process
- Scientific Topic 5: Data, Data, Data: how to get it and how to use it
- Scientific Topic 6: Bio breakthroughs
PRESENTATION OF ABSTRACTS
- Abstracts will be accepted either as poster or oral presentation (please indicate your preference during the submission).
- The ESACT 2022 Scientific Committee will review all submitted abstracts and determine whether they are accepted for oral or poster presentation.
- If your abstract is accepted as a poster, you will be requested to be available for discussion during the corresponding poster session.
- The instructions for poster format will be provided later.
- The Presenting Author of the abstract selected for presentation must be registered at the Meeting.
- Abbreviations should be defined.
- Please ensure your abstract does not contain spelling, grammar, or scientific mistakes, as it will be reproduced exactly as submitted. Linguistic accuracy is your responsibility. No proof reading will be done.
- No changes can be made to the abstract after the submission deadline 31st January 2022, midnight CET.
- Submitting authors will be notified on 24st March 2022 whether her/his abstract has been accepted, and at the same time be informed about the date, time and form of the accepted presentation. All notifications will be sent out to the e-mail address given on the submission form.